This product is a winner in the category Home & Professional Devices and Tools of Cosmoprof Asia 2023
The Dr. Mallife scalp care device features three modes to maintain a healthier scalp and hair. They are violet LED, which addresses seborrheic scalp inflammation caused by Malassezia yeasts, which can result in itchy skin; micro-current technology to strengthen hair follicle cells; and cooling technology which reduces “scalp fever.” The brand says that the device prevents hair loss caused by seborrheic scalp inflammation. With its brush style-design, the device is designed to be effortless to use. The user chooses between the three modes for each session – violet LED, micro-current, or cooling – depending on their scalp’s condition.
Among hair loss caused by non-genetic factors, hair loss caused by seborrheic scalp inflammation has recently emerged as a major keyword.
Typical symptoms of seborrheic scalp inflammation are itchy, oily, dandruff, and small inflamed on the scalp due to stress, irregular dietary life style, and exposure to contaminated external environments etc.
Dr.Mallife is an innovative scalp care device that not only relieves seborrheic scalp inflammation but also helps maintain a healthy scalp by suppressing Malassezia which is fungus causative of seborrheic scalp inflammation. To this end, it is equipped with three technologies such as LED, microcurrent, and cooling.
Claims & Benefits
- Typical symptoms of seborrheic scalp inflammation are itchy, oily, dandruff, and small inflamed on the scalp. Dr.mallife allows users to experience these symptoms being alleviated.
- It not only maintains strong hair follicle cells through scalp stimulation, but also helps hair tonics absorb well into the scalp.
- One of the characteristics of people who are suffering from hair loss is the relatively high temperature of the scalp. Dr.mallife's cooling technology lowers the temperature of the scalp to 5 ~ 6 degrees, keeping the scalp refreshed.
- It is a brushtype design that can be used regardless of time and place.
1. Dr. Mallife is a scalp care device with three patents
- light-emitting diode radiator for the treatment of Malassezia infection, Scalp care apparatus, and Light Diffuser.
2. Using 3 types of LEDs
- Patented Violet LED Module and Red & IR LED Module.
3. Cooling technology rapidly lowers the temperature of the scalp
4. The titanium coating of the brush finger that touches the scalp directly allows for hygienic care without corrosion
5. To ensure user’s safety, the Violet LED is activated only when it is adhered to the scalp
Website or Main Social Media
What sets your product apart and why is it innovative?
To prevent hair loss caused by non-genetic factors, Most scalp care devices, including medical devices, have focused on strengthening hair follicles. Of course, it is clear that it is the most important factor in preventing hair loss. However, inflammation of the scalp and scalp fever are also important factors that should not be overlooked.
To this end, Dr.mallife is a device developed in collaboration with a dermatologist who wrote a paper in the Journal of Dermatological Science called "The anti-fungal effect of lightening diodes on Malassezia yeasts."
Dr.mallife is a multi-functional scalp care device implemented in a device that strengthens hair follicles, relieves seborrheic scalp inflammation, and reduces scalp fever.
In addition, it is a brush-type device designed to make it easier for users to use regardless of space or time.
How do you promote your product on multiple channels?
Although there are similar products, there are no products that put the specific term seborrheic scalp inflammation at the forefront, so we will establish a marketing plan with this in mind, and we plan to approach the market by dividing domestic and overseas markets.
In the domestic market, we are preparing for marketing in collaboration with a professional marketing company.
Marketing Funnel :
Stage 1 - Online Sales : Company's own online store
Stage 2 - Online Sales Promotion with influencer
Stage 3 - Kakao Gift Shop Placement
Stage 4 - Expansion into Live Commerce
Stage 5 - Entry into Physical Popup Stores
Stage 6 - Media Collaborations
Stage 7 - Distribution through Shopping Mall Centers
In the case of overseas markets, we have been marketing B2C through major exhibitions such as CES, IFA, and COSMOPROF.
As a result of market research, there were not many professional scalp care device, and there was a demand from famous beauty-related companies in terms of product line-up.
Cosmetics companies also need to collaborate with beauty device as a differentiated strategy amid fierce competition.
- Promoting OEM with Big Brand Beauty Device Companies.
- Promote collaboration with big brand Cosmetics Companies.
How does your product meet the evaluation criteria of its category?
We have been collaborated with a dermatologist over the past few years to develop technology and research data to prevent hair loss caused by non-genetic factors.
Based on the pre-clinic test of the LED module, the problem of applying software programs by mode, the diffuser of LED lighting, usability evaluation, and consumer response and feedback through crowd-funding, Dr.mallife is finally ready to launch on the market.
Now, we are collaborating with a marketing company. I think selling products is more difficult than developing products. We are conducting a marketing approach by dividing B2C-oriented domestic market and B2B-oriented overseas market.
Look at the differentiation of the product, its functionality, its user convenience, and the passion of the developer.
Dr.mallife will be a little supportive to those suffering from hair loss.
Please let COSMOPROF be the starting point.